Tuesday, November 29, 2005

*Child of God

Child of God -Cormac McCarthy
I wonder what Cormac is a child of. Sentences bilous, filthy sometimes, refulgent, a degree of unique that makes me hurt. One of the worst novels.
“Permit even this,” and Jesus touched the centurion’s ear.
The rainbow is not without the scorchest red, nor is it without a luminescent, underground violet. And the world is not without the most blessed and the worst. Cormac has the hateful covered. No, not hateful. The passions of these men, Ballard in this novel, of these monsters can come from naught but the Lord, the Lordself.
From Second Chronicles, “but you have killed them in a rage that reaches up to heaven.”
I almost can’t believe it. I am too soft. I don’t understand. Too feeble, nurtured, weak. Perhaps this book should be burned, or, perhaps it should be worked into elementary curriculum, I don’t know, but something should be done with it, it’s no good just layin there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home